Thank you all for your continued support of the WCC, our programs and our activities! We have and are continuing to move forward through this unprecedented time, offering activities and programs for all to enjoy.
All times, programs and activities are subject to change, please read the following updated information for the Wiscasset Community Center!
Sunday, April 4th
· Easter Holiday - WCC will be closed for the day!
As of March 29th, we are updating our hours, programs, activities, guidelines and restrictions with the following information: Please read the updated information below.
Our hours for the Gymnasium and Fitness area (Pool hours are further down):
Mon - Thurs 5:00 am - 8:30 pm
Fri 5:00 am - 7:30 pm
Sat 7:00 am - 4:00 pm
Sun 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Updated: (The WCC will be open continuously throughout each day (excluding the pool which will continue to close from 1 -1:30 pm (mon - Fri), cleaning and disinfecting of the building will be done during open hours.
Thanks to your support, memberships are on the rise and the use of our facility continues to grow on a daily basis. We want to continue to stress that we request everyone to stop and read through the posted signs before entering the WCC. We have had great feedback from our members and are working hard to continue to update you on any changes in our policies and or State Guidelines as we move forward during these times together.
Per new State Guidelines: (Updated March 24th)
Everyone must wear a mask while enjoying your time here at the WCC (all areas of the building). The only exception is when you are physically in the water (pool).
Face masks are required while participating in fitness classes (excluding WaterWorks, Pool Exercise) or other vigorous exercise within the WCC, we ask that everyone use common courtesy and provide social distancing of 6' or more while working out and participating in all classes.
Face masks are required within the fitness room and gymnasium by all users.
Face masks are NOT required in the pool while exercising or lap swimming.
· Our Locker Rooms will be fully open for all to use. This means that all rented and day use lockers will be available for use at this time. Entrance to the locker rooms is returning to the gymnasium side, in the main hall. The double door entrance into the pool area from the Front Lobby will be closed, entrance to the pool area will go back to either the single door at the end of the hallway (next to family changing rooms) or through the locker rooms themselves. Disinfectant spray bottles will still be available for anyone who desires to use them (not required), the bottles will be available at the Front Desk. After using the spray bottles, please return to the front desk for disinfection. Our policy for the locker rooms is going to be similar to that of our fitness room, you will have to wear a mask (except while in the shower), use common courtesy and please use social distance. There are showers, benches and bathroom facilities available in each locker room. Our family changing rooms are also open to the public at the far end of the gym hallway for families and individuals to change in for the pool.
· The WCC Pool is open, not at 50%, but with WCC restrictions.
Reminder the Lap Pool and Alcove are still available by reservation, numbers for Lap Pool swimming are still at 3 per lane, socially distanced. If you are calling to reserve lap lanes and you have 2 or 3 people, you can swim in the same lane when space is limited or to conserve space for others. The Alcove pool is being increased to 10 people at one time, this means that there could be 2 or 3 separate groups of people in the alcove at one time, sharing this space, socially distancing. We are not yet at 100% open. However, we are hoping at the time of registration you will work with us and others when it comes to using our pool facilities.
· Moving forward as a business, because reservation times are getting busier and harder for individuals to reserve time, we need to be able to accommodate all of our patrons. When making reservations we are asking the following question and letting people know the following information;
· Would you share your lane with others, if asked? Yes or No answer.
· We have expanded the Alcove area to 10 people, if you reserve time and you have less than 10 we will continue to take reservations for that same time period. It is very important that you give an accurate number when making your reservation, this is a WCC restriction, flexibility depends on each individual situation and lifeguard coverage.
· All reservations are in half hour increments, please be specific as to how much time you will want for your swim in the pool (1/2 hour, 1 hour, 1.5 hours). All reservations need to be confirmed, if you leave a message you will get called back as soon as possible, thank you for your patience with this process.
· The Fitness Room capacity is being increased to 15 people at a time, this means that we will no longer be taking reservations for this area of the building. We will continue to monitor this and if we find that the numbers are such that we need to take reservations again for this area of the building we will.
· The Gymnasium area is being increased to 50% capacity (200+), therefore reservations for this area of the building will no longer be taken at this time. We will continue to monitor this and if we find that the numbers are such that we need to take reservations again for this area of the building we will. Walk ins are welcome.
Please call the front desk at 882-8230 (leave a message if needed) or email firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
The pool area is being reserved for the current week as well as the next week or two weeks coming. We are not taking reservations for more than those weeks that are available at the front desk. There has been increasing interest in all areas of the building, so please reserve your time early or as soon as possible to guarantee the time you would like to have. it is the responsibility of each individual to make sure that there name is written down on the reservation sheet, please make sure that you have reserved your time with the WCC Front Desk. If the Alcove is booked and you still wish to swim, please consider reserving a few lap lanes and use a life jacket for those swimmers that are not deep water safe.
The WCC Pool is open for lap swimming, water walking and family swim (alcove) at this time. Waterworks (8:30 - 9:30 am, Mon - Fri) & Water EX (5:45 - 6:45 pm, Mon & Wed) fitness classes are continuing to be offered at this time, participants can wear a mask (while in the water) but it is not required (6' social distancing is required) while in the pool. Reservations are still being requested for these classes.
New Swim Lessons (levels 1,2, 3, 4, & 5) are available for registration! Parent Tot Swim Lessons, Splash Class and Private Swim Lessons are also available for registration! These classes are limited with restrictions, please register early. New classes are starting soon! There are also pre-requisites required for the level 3, 4 & 5 classes to make sure registrants are deep water safe.
Lap swimming times available:
5 am – 8:30 am, Mon- Fri
10:00 am – 1 pm, Mon – Fri
WCC Pool will be closed Daily between 1:00 - 1:30 pm
1:30 pm – 5:45 pm, 6:45 pm - 8 pm (Mon & Wed)
1:30 pm – 8 pm, Tues & Thurs
1:30 pm – 6:30 pm, Fri
7 am – 4 pm, Sat
1 pm - 5 pm, Sun
WCC UNSINKABLES Swim Team is scheduled in the pool from 3:30 - 5:30 pm (M, W & F)
The Pool schedule is subject to change depending on lessons, classes, swim club, swim teams, rentals, etc., reminder, please take notice when asking for reservation times. All schedules are updated as soon as possible when changes are made.
If there are no reservations confirmed for an extended period before closing (up to 2 hours prior to closing) on any given day, the WCC Pool Staff will close Pool operations for that day.
The WCC Gymnasium (Masks required per State of Maine CDC) is open for individual walking and stretching, basketball, pickleball and general use. Walk ins are accepted but would be on a first come first serve basis with no guarantee of availability of basketball hoops. Pickleball nets are also available for individuals or groups to play.
Please take note that our gymnasium is the Home Court for a couple of Youth Basketball programs and the schedule is subject to change.
We are hosting the Red Cross Blood Drive from 10:30 am - 3:30 pm on Friday, April 16th (Appointment Only) at the WCC (Far end of the Gymnasium). Please call 1-800-RED-CROSS or visit RedCrossBlood.org and to schedule an appointment.
The WCC Fitness Room (Masks required per State of Maine CDC) is limited to 15 people at any one time, allowing for proper Social Distancing while using the equipment, this is a WCC restriction (not 50% capacity) Common courtesy and 6' distancing needs to be practiced while using the equipment, 20 minutes maximum per piece of equipment unless no one is waiting or wanting to use that piece or an adjacent piece of equipment. When a piece of equipment is in use, please leave a piece of equipment in between you and the next person, if not from the same household or social circle, this will allow for the recommended 6' spacing while working out and wearing a mask. We have moved some of our equipment into the gymnasium to allow more pieces of equipment to be used at one time. Thank you in advance for your cooperation, as CDC guidelines and restrictions change so will our site specific guidelines and restrictions.
· Reminder all patrons are asked to stop at the front of the building before entering the WCC, there are questions and information that you need to read through and answer for yourself before entering the building. Please take the time to understand the questions and the risks to everyone who enters the Wiscasset Community Center. Upon entering the WCC, we ask that you please check in and out at the front desk, swiping your membership card or writing your name and number down on the sign in / out sheet at the front desk.
· Birthday Rentals
· We are opening up reservations for birthday rentals (we are offering premium party packages at basic party prices), at this time we are restricting the pool portion to 20 people maximum in the pool for a Birthday Party. These rentals can be scheduled before and after our regular scheduled operating hours on Friday evening, Saturday afternoon/evening and Sundays (before & after our open hours). Please call 882-8230 and ask for Bob Macdonald (email@example.com) or Duane Goud (firstname.lastname@example.org) for your rental questions and/or requests.
As things start to get back to normal, please remember we are still required to wear a mask and practice social distancing. When entering the WCC our front desk personnel and /or custodian will help guide you to where you need to be and what you may need to do, and also answer any additional questions you may have. This also applies to our Pool area where our Lifeguards will also help guide you and answer any additional questions.
All bathrooms are open and available for use, reminder that the WCC Front Lobby bathrooms are not Locker Rooms.
Indoor Fitness Classes and activities are continuing to be offered (Masks required). FREE for members, $15.00 per class (drop-in) or punch cards (6 classes for $60.00) are also available for non-members.
· Pickleball is FREE for members or $3.00/non-member.
· Cornhole & Adult Basketball are FREE for members or $7.00/non-member
· Please check the online schedule for any class cancellations.
Yoga with Tamara at 7:45 am (Gymnasium)
Sew & Chat (Senior Program) 9:30 - 11:00 am (Senior Room - Lobby end)
Pickleball (Gymnasium) - 9:15 - 11:30 am
Karate Fitness ($$) - 4:30 - 5:30 & 5:30 - 6:30 pm (Gymnasium)
· Cornhole - 6:30 - 8:30 pm (Gymnasium)
PiYO with Lorna at 5:30 am (Gymnasium)
Pickleball (Gymnasium) - 7:30 - 9:30 am
· Senior Center Cribbage Club - 9:00 am - noon (Senior Center, starting April 13th)
Yoga with Tamara at 7:45 am (Gymnasium)
Pickleball (Gymnasium) - 9:15 - 11:30 am
· PiYO w/ Lorna at 6:00 pm (Gymnasium)
· Senior Center Dinners - 5:30 pm (Soup / Salad), 6:00 pm (Main Meals)(Senior Center, starting Wednesday, April 14th)
Morning Mix w/ Lorna at 5:30 am (Gymnasium)
Pickleball (Gymnasium) - 7:30 - 9:30 am
Karate Fitness ($$) - 5:30 - 6:30 pm (Gymnasium)
Cardio Kick with Chelsea at 6:30 pm (Senior Room)
Yoga with Tamara at 7:45 am (Gymnasium)
Sew & Chat (Senior Program) 9:30 - 11:00 am (Senior Room)
· Cedric's Challenge w/ Cedric Maguire at 6.00 pm (Gymnasium)
PiYO w/ Lorna at 7:00 am (Gymnasium)
· Adult Pickup Basketball - 3:00 - 5:00 pm (Gymnasium)
· As we offer these classes and activities, props (mats, blocks, weights,etc.) are available, if you have your own props we encourage you to bring them for these classes, all WCC props will need to be left to the side and cleaned after each class before being put back into there containers.(Done by WCC Staff)
A check in and check out sheet will continue to be filled out by each instructor, to eliminate multiple people touching, the instructors will write the names, numbers and answers of the people in the class. This has been working well. The bathrooms in the lobby continue to be available (if needed) for all classes. Bathrooms are not touchless! Bathrooms are cleaned on a regularly scheduled basis throughout the day).
If you become sick (test positive for the Coronavirus) please notify me (Duane Goud - (207) 882-8230) if applicable.
WCC Memberships are available.
WCC Accounts can be built and Memberships can be signed up for online at www.wiscassetrec.com or give us a call and we can set you up over the phone, staff is limited at this time, please leave a message at the Front Desk if no one answers the phone.
Silver Sneakers and (NEW) Renew Active Memberships need to be done in person or over the phone. There is specific information needed from your insurance companies for these memberships.
Please help us help you as we work through this together.
Programs and activities offered and/or coming soon!
Remote Learning Day Camps, ASA, April Vacation Camp, Mainely Summer Camp, Personal Fitness Training and Group Fitness Classes, Swimming lessons (Private, Parent Tot & Group), Swim Team, Swim Club, Sew & Chat (Senior Program), Cribbage (Senior Program), Senior Dinners (Senior Program), Karate Fitness, Cornhole (Monday evenings), Youth Baseball & Softball Clinics and programs, Run Club, Cal Ripken Baseball & Softball, Track & Field (Coming Soon) & Adult Basketball (Pick-up).
· Registration is open for Youth Baseball & T-Ball, Run Club and Cal Ripken Baseball & Softball (there are multiple town registrations, Boothbay and Richmond are signing up children through our MYREC system this year, please be aware of the town that you register your child for).
· Registration will be open soon for April Vacation Camp, Mainely Summer Camp.
Registration is open for our ASA Programs - Remote Learning Camp Days (Wednesdays 7:30 am - 5:30 pm) and Afterschool Adventures (Mon, Tues, Thurs & Fri, 2:30 - 5:30 pm).
ONLINE REGISTRATION IS OPEN! Please call (882-8230) or email (Duane, Chelsea or Kristy) email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org;
email@example.com; for more ASA information, information is subject to change and may be updated daily.
Events happening and coming soon! (Following State Guidelines and updated restrictions) - Annual Easter Egg Hunt (Register open online), Alive on the Common Concerts, Movie Nights on the Common, Fourth of July (parade and fireworks) and Schoonerfest (Coming in August).
· We are putting together a Triathlon for the Sunday of Schoonerfest, please stay tuned for updated details on this great event.
If you have questions or concerns , please call me at 882-8230 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you all for your continued support of the Wiscasset Community Center.